The State Jammu and Kashmir comprises of two Divisions, 22 Districts, 21 Sub-divisions, 82 Territorial Tehsils, 257 Niabats, 1553 Patwar Halqas and 6959 Villages. The main functions of the Revenue Department
- Maintenance and updating and preservation of land records and consolidation of land holdings.
- Recovery of other Misc. loans, advances, outstanding declared as arrears of Land Revenue.
- To arrange land for Govt./Semi Govt. Departments for public purposes by way of Acquisition/allotment.
- To implement various Laws pertaining to land like Land Revenue Act etc. To protect Kahcharai and other State lands from encroachments/wrongful use. Disaster Management and incentive delivery.
- Relief & Rehabilitation works.
- Issuance of certificates such as PRC, RBA, OBC, ST, SC and LOC etc.
- Settlement of disputes pertaining to land.
- To carry out land Reforms & Settlement Operations.
- To register births & deaths in rural areas.
- Details of Grievance Redressal Mechanism and how to access the same
In Revenue Department grievance cells are already functional at Tehsil Level, Sub-Division Level, District Level, Division Level and State level.
The Tehsildar is hearing the General public during working hour every day. In his absence Naib Tehsildar attends to the public.
Sub Division Level
Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is hearing public during working hour every day.
The Deputy Commissioner/Addl. Deputy Commissioner/ Assistant Commissioners are hearing the general public during office hours every day at District headquarter.
DC Office Complex Reasi
Location : All Tehsil Head Quarters | City : Reasi | PIN Code : 182311