The hierarchy of the Department is as under:
1. Deputy Commissioner
2. Additional Deputy Commissioner, Reasi
3. Assistant Commissioner Revenue, Reasi
4. Sub Divisional Magistrate, Mahore/Katra/Thuroo (Dharmari)
5. Tehsildar Katra/ Reasi/ Pouni/ Bhomag/ Thakrakote/ Arnas/Thuroo/ Mahore/ Chassana.
6. Naib Tehsildars (21 Niabats)
7. Girdawars ( 11 Girdawar Circles)
8. Patwaries (40 Patwar Halqas)
Main functions of the Revenue Department
1. Preparation, Maintenance, updation and preservation of land records.
2. To arrange state land for Government Departments for public purposes by way of transfer/allotment.
3. To acquire land for various public purposes under J&K State Land Acquisition ACT, Right to fair compensation and transparency in Land Acquisition Act, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act & Component Authority of Land Acquisition (CALA).
4. To implement various Laws pertaining to land like Land Revenue Act , Agrarian Reforms Act, Chowkidara Act, Khacharai Act, Lambardari Act, Evacuee property Act, Land Grants Act, .
5. To protect Kahcharai/Common/State land from encroachment.
6. Providing Relief to sufferers due to natural calamities as per SDRF norms.
7. Preparation of Disaster Management Plan.
8. The Court of Collector (Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner), Commissioner, Agrarian Reforms (Additional Deputy Commissioner), collector under Agrarian Reforms Act (Assistant Commissioner Revenue), Assistant Collector 1st Class (Assistant Commissioner Revenue/Sub Divisional Magistrates/Tehsildars) is established for hearing of appeals/petitions under the provisions of J&K Land Revenue Act and J&K Agrarian Reforms Act.
9. Providing various services such as issuance of Domicile/ RBA/ SC/ ST/ EWS/ OSC/PSP/Dependent/Legal Heirs/Income/ Property Certificates, Attestation of mutations, Demarcation of land, Issuing certified copies of Revenue Record.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY REVENUE DEPARTMENT, DISTRICT REASI
|S.No.||Name of the Service||
to provide the
service to whom
application may be
|Documents Required||Prescribed Fee|
|1||Issuance of Income Certificate||
|30 days||Application alongwith requisite fee, Copy of Ration Card, Salary Certificate wherever applicable, Income tax certificate wherever applicable , Revenue extracts like Khasra Girdawari/Jamabandi||Rs.20/- per certificate|
Reserve Category Certificates
|15 days||Application on the prescibed format as provided in the Reservation Rules, Affidavit in support of the application, Extract of Khasra Girdawari/Misal-i-Haqiat/Jamabandi continously for not less than last 15 years, Extract of Chowkidara/Chullah Bandi, continously for the last not less than 15 years,Attested copy of Ration Card, Attested copy of Voter list,Income Certificate, wherever applicable||Rs.20/- per certificate|
Application on the prescibed format as provided in the Reservation Rules,Affidavit in support of the application, Attested copy of Ration Card, Attested copy of Voter list, Provided that a person claiming benefit on the grounds that he/she belongs to
Scheduled Tribe Community shall produce an extract of Jamabandi in respect of
memebers of the tribes, who own land and extract of electoral rolls or chullhabandi or Ration Card in respect of landless members of the tribes. The production of identity cards or grazing cards issued by the forest department or Revenue agencies in respect of the landless membes of Gujjar and Bakerwal communities shall be
supplementary evidence for the said purpose, Extract of Misal-I-Haqiyat/ Jamabandi/Shajra Nasab
|Rs.20/- per certificate|
|3||Issuance of copy of Voter List||
|5 days||Application (alongwith requisite fee), indicating necessary details regarding the name of elector and name and number of the Polling station etc.||Rs.20/-|
Registration of Marriage under
Hindu Marriage Act
|5 days||Documentary / Oral evidence as prescribed under relevant norms/rules /laws in force||Rs.125/-|