The District Industries Centre (DIC) Reasi came into existence in the year 2010 as a result of which the office of the District Industries Centre Reasi was established in private Building at Reasi & in 2011 the office was shifted to block-I, hall no. 308, Mini Secretariat, DC office Reasi. District Industries Centre Reasi is headed by General Manager assisted by Project Managers and Functional Managers.
To achieve sustainable, equitable, environment friendly and balanced industrial growth leading to creation of employment and generation of income.
To promote and develop Micro, Small, Medium and large Industries in the District in order to contribute to the gross state domestic product (GSDP).
1. Industrial development with focus on employment generation and wealth creation.
2. To promote labour intensive industry.
3. To encourage utilization of local available raw material.
4. To promote growth of thrush industries and encourage high tech and knowledge based industry.
5. To promote human resource development for creation of skilled labour forces.
6. To encourage eco- friendly and environmental friendly industrial growth.
1. Creation of land bank for development of industrial estates.
2. Ease of Doing Business through simplification of procedures and rules.
3. Enabling manufacture of quality, consistent products through brand promotion, modernization and quality certification.
4. Environmental protection to confirm to the state and the national standards by setting up of green industries.
The State Industrial policy 2016 shall remain in operation for ten years till 31st of March 2026 with the aim to build on the strengths, overcome the weaknesses and create employment opportunities for bigger and larger investment.
In District Reasi, there is only one functional industrial estate at Gran More Reasi. 7 new industrial estates are at different stages of development.
District Industries Centre Reasi is one of the implementing agencies of Prime Ministers Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP).